Monday, February 16, 2009

Rather a lazy bumper sticker

I saw a bumper sticker today that said:
TWO DISASTERS
KATRINA AND BALDACCI

I assume Katrina refers to the hurricane. Baldacci is our Governor (I'm in Maine).

Either there's a reference or a play on words here that I don't get, or this is a pretty lazy attempt at a smart-ass political bumper sticker.

Katrina barely affected Maine. Baldacci had nothing to do with Katrina. And I've been running this bumper sticker through my mind and I can't think of any way punning or wordplay could be involved.

I mean, you might as well say:
TWO BAD THINGS
DIABETES AND PELOSI

Or:
TWO THINGS THAT HURT
CATAPULTS AND SARAH PALIN

Or why not just dispense with any attempt at being a smart-ass and just slap a bumper sticker on your car that says:
I DON'T LIKE BALDACCI

Seems like it wouldn't be any less witty.

No comments: